Infinity

Skooter

Some hicks talking about things they dont understand?

Responding to that big post in your link; the universe will not reach absolute zero ever. It may approach this number but not reach it. Also, why the hell would time stop because the universe is cooler? Plus his arguments have nothing to do with infinity.

']Some hicks talking about things they dont understand?

Responding to that big post in your link; the universe will not reach absolute zero ever. It may approach this number but not reach it. Also' date=' why the hell would time stop because the universe is cooler? Plus his arguments have nothing to do with infinity.[/quote']

He opined that time measures an interval. Correct. An interval between what? I don't think it matters. He references atomic vibrations, which would be frequencies or the orbits of particles. With the absence of something to measure, what happens to the clock? I couldn't say it all applies with respect to absolute zero. Theories are notoriously shortlived though. Yet it seems there's more worries about the details rather than the devil itself.

He opined that time measures an interval. Correct. An interval between what? I don't think it matters. He references atomic vibrations, which would be frequencies or the orbits of particles. With the absence of something to measure, what happens to the clock? I couldn't say it all applies with respect to absolute zero. Theories are notoriously shortlived though. Yet it seems there's more worries about the details rather than the devil itself.

Theories are notoriously short lived? What? No they're not. Details of what?

Skooter, if you want to discuss that definition of infinity, why don´t you do that on usapatriotsamerica directly and exchange a few watts of information with USAPatriot?

I see no discussion value here, no halfways-scientific statement in the post on usapatriotsamerica and no connection to astronomy and cosmology. So I´m inclined to report this thread to ask the mods to either close it or move it to some other forum ("design&arts" seems to be most fitting, sadly we don´t have such a forum).

Very humbly, a layman question:

Are we talking of an infinity of nothing, or an infinite amount of something? Both are theoretically possible, but they are surely different infinities

cannot a finite amount of something occupy an infinitely large space, in which case one infinity bounds the other?