"Controlled Explosion"

encipher

Hi,

My sister is going to graduate in a few weeks and a couple of my friends an I plan on throwing them a graduation party. Part of this party is pyrotechnics (of course :D ). Now one of her friends requested an exploision. There are many different ways of making things explode.. but I figured if I'm gonna blow something up, why not make it spectacular. What I want is the type of explosion that is very 'firey'. Not just a dry 'bang'.. now the main problem is this: I do not want to use any volatile substances.. no gasoline or pretty much any hydrocarbon. I want it to be as safe for them as possible.. of course its never really safe when dealing with these kinds of things, but I try to do my best. Anyways.. this a picture I got off google:

http://www.firestock.com/FR40.jpg

That the type of explosion I'm looking to make. On a much smaller scale of course.

thanks

you have no chance of performing that kind of effect Without the use of "volatile hydrocarbons" as you put it.

seriously, I do Special effects for video, and that is actualy the safest way to do it! :)

it Looks great, the effect doesn`t last too long, it`s easy to control, and costs very Little :)

a few ounces of Black powder and a litre of gasoline (petrol) in bags over 2 loads in the correct buckets and away you go :)

well you`ll NOT get that effect without it, sorry and everything :(

and using Sodium based oxidisers, although you`ll get the bright Yellow color, it`ll require you making your own, which is considerably MORE dangerous that a few simple BP charges in buckets with a pint or 2 of pertol in a bag on the the top.

your call man. but I`de go with the Safety First option.