Urgent Help!!! Redox Reactions :(

kaitoufion

Hello,

I just finished a Chemistry lab and now I need to write up a report which I am having some difficulties:-( I really hope you guys can help me out here coz it's duing tomorrow :'(

Experiment 1: H2O2 + H2SO4 + KMnO4 -> little bubbles (no change in colour)

Then I'm required to write down its equations which is set out like this:

Oxidation:

Reduction:

Overall:

Can someone please tell me how to write the equations in this format please??? :-(

Experiment 2: H2O2 + KMnO4 -> bubbles & brown precipitate

Again I'm required to write down the equations in the above format:-( Can someone help me here please???

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! >.<

I'm not going to give you all answers, but with my hints you should be able to answer your questions.

1) In both cases, hydrogen peroxide acts as a reductor. Oxygen goes from oxidation state -1 to 0. Try to determine the half-reaction for hydrogen peroxide, acting as reductor. One of the products is oxygen.

2) In acidic environments, the permanganate is converted to colorless Mn(2+) ions. What is the half-reaction for permanganate to Mn(2+) in acidic environments?

3) In neutral or weakly alkaline environments, the permanganate is converted to brown MnO2. What is the half-reaction for permanganate to MnO2 in neutral/alkaline environments?