What should do if the LED terminal pin has shorten to 0.4cm? How can I make it longer

tuzzer

What can I do if one of the terminal pins on a LED is broken to 0.4cm, and I can't buy another new one?

How can I make the terminal pin longer? Because I can twist wire around it anymore- it is too short.

Would soldering works in this case?

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

sure... if you can get some solder on there without connecting it to the other terminal you could connect a wire that way. keep in mind solder isnt the strongest stuff, but i doubt your led is going to need to carry a load, so it should be fine.

you need to be Very fast if you`re going to solder onto it as you risk heat damaging it.

use some solder flux on a needle and apply it only to the broken pin, then pre-tin a wire and then attach the wire to the broken pin, the flux should do the rest.

it may be wise to secure this after with some epoxy resin to prevent it happening again.