Energy and the extra spatial dimensions

ericsp28

Let me first start by saying my interest in physics is that of a lay person. I have no formal training beyond 1st semester undergraduate Physics. That being said, physics is something that I have been interested in ever since I was a child, and I take every opportunity to read about it in books written specifically for the lay person to understand. I think I have a fairly good understanding of the major areas of research in modern theoretical/particle physics, or at least as good of an understanding as one can have without an in depth knowledge of the mathematics involved.

I would also like to say that I do not think that I've figured it all out and have some super duper theory that will explain the world. I am simply putting forth some ideas I have had in the hopes that those with more technical knowledge can offer feedback. I am completely open to the idea that my understanding of physics is incomplete, or even incorrect.

I have been reading books recently regarding Supersymmetry and extra dimensions. Specifically they are Supersymmety, Unveiling the Ultimate Laws of Nature by Gordon Kane and Warped Passages, Unraveling the Mysteries of the Universe's Hidden Dimensions by Lisa Randall, which have been instrumental in helping me develop this model of the universe.

I propose that at the moment of the Big Bang all 10 or 11 dimensions were of equal size and all forces are united in one super force. In this model, the number of dimensions that are manifest is directly related to the amount of energy available in the universe.