electrons as plasma ball

Norman Albers

I assume the electron charge can be represented by a near-field which goes as (r^-1)e^-r, as opposed to an unexplained delta function singularity. Mathematically this is reasonable; indeed any potential or field quantity which goes at the origin as r^-2, or higher order, produces no residue to integration there. Charge density must rapidly fall off to nothing in the far; electric field must have the expected far field. Mathematically we are free to do this, as I show. Rather than interpret this as a 'monopole density', we can see it as a dielectric-like response from the vacuum. It is better to think of a neutral plasma of equal, massless species. Charge can thus be seen as a field phenomenon. I started 4-5 years ago trying to wrap two lightwave forms in a circle. Any variation around the circle produces quadratures of infinite but antisymmetric form, so I deal only with a uniform, time-invariant model. It is as if the phase is frozen, and this actually makes sense if we think about precession of the spin vector under a rotation of the frame. This precession cancels identically the helical spin of free photons, and we witness a different phase state of the energy, as clearly as ice is a phase of water. Electrons are literally crystals of light.

We understand that molecular assemblies find their different phase changes in pressure and temperature regimes. This is a useful picture to see how the light-field achieves a standing wave but with no apparent oscillation, when given the opportunity (enough energy density) to coalesce. Such a state satisfies Maxwell's equations in an inhomogeneous extension. Neither phases nor superconductivity are new concepts, but combined in the present context offer further vision.

• 4 weeks later...

Innies and outties are where I begin!!! For $6.25 I get a good lunch at the China Buffet, where we do not share many words. One day, however, we got on down together as I held forth on this topic. Now hold up both hands with fists and hitch-hikers' thumbs. Consider the obvious YIN-YANG. Now connect thumbs; imagine more thumbs in; what sticks out?? Now imagine the opposite. The first presents YIN to the outside. Both are BUILT OF ONE STICK!!! Chinese culture is built on YIN-YANG. I kept exclaiming, 'One stick!' and everyone (Chinese) nodded and smiled. ONE STICK. Opposite appearances. Do not ask, where are the magnetic monopoles? Rather, rejoice that we are delivered of the concept of electric monopoles.

The string uncut and unstrung has no note.