infinite physics of sound...?

norge

If I raised a note, for instance an A note, it would quickly proceed through until its Gmajor, then repeating back again the same notes but on the next higher octave.

Can anyone tell me the the result if i kept raising it to its infinite? would the high octaves EVENTUALLY repeat back to an extremely low octave, which would once again eventually come back to the earlier A note i spoke of?

That could be a stupid question, as im not experienced with the physics of sound or science in general.

Thankyou all.

Gmajor from an A by altering the pitch??

going from an A upwards in pitch would take you to B flat (or A sharp depending how you were taught), unless you mean A flat (G #) in which case that`s Downwards in pitch not up.

G Major is a Chord not a single note :)

what i mean is, the notes will all repeat themselves once you have gone through them all, but they will all be repeated on a higher octave. each octave will become higher in pitch or lower in pitch, depending on if you decide to go higher or lower. my question is, what would happen if you kept going one way, lets say higher. it would reach such an intense high pitch eventually. what if we kept going til it was beyond high, keep going. where will it end up.

I think I´ve heard once that an octave is an increase in frequency by a factor of two. Mathematically, there is no problem increasing the frequency to whatever value you want. From the physics side, I think you´ll arive at a point where you can´t treat air (or wherever your sound waves travel in) as a continuous medium anymore but must account for its structure (the individual molecules and their interaction). From the "human" side, you´ll simply not be able to hear the tone anymore at a certain frequency (around 14 kHz ?).

the human ear can hear to around 20kHz at its peak(this value lowers as we get older due to the sensors in your cochlea(sp? its the inner ear thingy that looks like a snail shell) dying(don't worry you'll die of old age before they all die). on my last hearing test i could hear up to 19.8kHz