can there be password protected folders?

qwerty

I've got a USB stick, and some files on there i dont want anyone to see (they are microsoft word documents).

Is there any way to like.. put a password onto the file or folder or put a password onto my usb at all? so it will not allow people to access the folder that these word documents are in? thanks

.zip files have a password protection option

For MS Word there's a password option, when you get the save window (where you chose where to save & name etc.) top right there's a Tools drop down menu, select General Options for it, you'll see the password options near the bottom.

Better compression

Only if you tell it to compress to highest compression level... I believe default (normal) is the same as WinZip.

Disad of a higher compression level is that it's slower, but obv. the end output is a smaller file.

Just a little note here:

If you really want to make your files safe look into something called [acr=Pretty Good Privacy]PGP[/acr] as and lets put this as nicley as possible the WinRAR, Winzip and just about any other encriptions are crap ;)

I really reccomend [acr=Pretty Good Privacy]PGP[/acr], there is no known way to forcably break it (Not unless you have a few times the curent age of the universe anyway...) :)

Cheers,

Ryan Jones

Edit: Changed [acr=Pretty Good Privacy]PPG[/acr] too [acr=Pretty Good Privacy]PGP[/acr] because not everyone knows that [acr=Pretty Good Privacy]PPG[/acr] is the same as [acr=Pretty Good Privacy]PGP[/acr] :)

where can i get a copy of pgp without paying? also, if i take hte usb stick to another computer will it still be password protected there? or will that comptuer need to have it installed? thanks guys /girls :)

This is the free version of [acr=Pretty Good Privacy]PGP[/acr]. I think it comes with a file that can execute it as needed (Portable) but I'm not shure as I've never had to use it like that :)

If not then it will need to be installed on all computers that need to oepn the file(s).

Cheers,

Ryan Jones