name the best calculator for chemistry, cannot be graphing

gypsz

Hi all,

I'm new to this, but everybody needs somebody, sometime.

I am a first year chemistry student and bought a ti 89, but it is not allowed for tests. Graphing calc are a no no. I need to know the best sci calc to use with the thousands of equations that are given to me to solve.

thanks for the help

:confused:

Hi all' date='

I'm new to this, but everybody needs somebody, sometime.

I am a first year chemistry student and bought a ti 89, but it is not allowed for tests. Graphing calc are a no no. I need to know the best sci calc to use with the thousands of equations that are given to me to solve.

thanks for the help

:confused:[/quote']

So you actually want an exam-viable calculator that can calculate chemistry formuals and the like? Good luck.

I've agtually got a calculator with about 6meg of memory - I've programmed mine to work with chemistry but it was no easy job. I do not think there are any chemistry calculators out there that would be allowed in an exam...

Cheers,

Ryan Jones

Are you sure you can't still use the calculator even if they see that youve cleared all the programmes? they allow those type of calculators at my school as long as they are easily cleared.

For the exam I m doing I am allowed to use these programs provided they have proof that I wrote them, include informaiton about the calculator and a copy of the code I used. It still only helps a little because I still have to show full workings - something my calculator can't do so its uses are very limited. It can't for example ballance equations (Though it can ballance the charges in each compound to make shure the charges of the reactants match that of the products.)

Cheers,

Ryan Jones