Salmon Alleriges

Helix

A close friend of mine has severe alleriges to salmon, his throat closes up, and has had this problem all his life.

I was curior about this, specifically what is it in salmon and the related fish that cause allerigc reaction in such specific areas?

I did research (read: I googled it) but there were no substantive answers. I would guess that some protein enagages in a chemical reaction causing the epithelial tissue in the throat to close, but I was wondering if anyone knew the actual cause.

A close friend of mine has severe alleriges to salmon' date=' his throat closes up, and has had this problem all his life.

I was curior about this, specifically what is it in salmon and the related fish that cause allerigc reaction in such specific areas?

I did research (read: I googled it) but there were no substantive answers. I would guess that some protein enagages in a chemical reaction causing the epithelial tissue in the throat to close, but I was wondering if anyone knew the actual cause.[/quote']

Maybe its because your friends body has made the wrong type of anti-body, this causes some problems as hystemine is releades when these cells attatch to the antigens of thecells from the salmon, this can cause lumps on the skin and also a lot of swelling arround the throat... Its actually a defect in the immine system - there was an explination on a TV show last night but I ca't remember exactly what it was :)

Maybe this can help more thna I can :)

Maybe its because two of the main Lymphatic glands are located in the neck near to the throat, if these swell it cna cause porblems...

Cheers,

Ryan Jones