black hole question about gravity

qwerty

This may be a repost , sorry.

I read that the black holes can 'evaporate' by shooting off some radiation and other stuff. If anyone has heard of this please let me know. By evaporating, they eventually will become nothing, because they will lose all their mass by 'evaporating' or shooting off stuff like radiation and other things. well my quetsion is.. if 'nothing' not even light can escape, how can black holes evaporate? how can even radiation get away or anything else. thanks guys/girls.

it happens when a high energy photon travelling near the event horizon splits into a matter-antimatter pair and the antimatter part falls in destroying a tiny bit of the black hole and the matter particle has enough energy to fly off into space. there is also hawking radiation but i don't know too much about that

it happens when a high energy photon travelling near the event horizon splits into a matter-antimatter pair and the antimatter part falls in destroying a tiny bit of the black hole and the matter particle has enough energy to fly off into space. there is also hawking radiation but i don't know too much about that

Well explained :D

For more information have a look here :)

Cheers,

Ryan Jones

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not sure if this is what you're asking, but I've heard that the supermassive black holes at the center of galaxies usually go through cycles of feeding and dormancy.

This happens because the black hole will accumulate a huge accretion disk around it, constantly adding to its mass, and, therefore, adding to its gravitational pull and accelerating the movement of the accretion disk around it further. Eventually, the outer layers of the accretion disk will be spinning fast enough to escape the black hole's gravity and be cast outwards.

The black hole finishes consuming the inner layers that didn't escape, then lies dormant while the outer layers of the disk gradually lose momentum. Eventually, the outer layers will be moving slowly enough for the black hole to draw them in, and the cycle starts again.

The "evaporation" of a black hole is caused by hawking radiation. Particle pairs are constantly being created close to horizon of the black hole. They are created as a particle-antiparticle pair and they quickly annihilate each other. At the eventhorizon of a black hole, one can fall in before the annihilation can happen, in which case the other one escapes as Hawking radiation.

This effect is supposed to happen much faster in a smaller hole then a larger one. Also this is only a therory.

A black hole will never release energy/matter, or any type of radiation because of its spin. This will be impossible because the escape velocity is higher then the speed of light. No matter or radiation can go faster then C. Thus nothing escapes. Hawking radiation is different because the matter is created outside the event horizon. This particle has the ability to escape. The particle was formed from energy, and energy is matter, so a "piece" of matter was removed from the black hole.