Parallel Universes

MaxCathedral

Is there another you, right now watching TV somewhere on the other side of the Universe?

Some sceintists think so.

You see we can only see so far out into our own Universe. Or what we think are the limits of our Universe.

It is possible that in a another Universe, your exact double (except with three arms because of a different evolutionary path) exists.

This would be an Alternate Universe.

An Identical Universe would produce an exact copy of you, history, everthing.

You could meet yourself, and change some things....on that planet only of course.

Finally, there is the Quantum Dice Universe. A universe where Germany won WWII, or Custer beat the Indidans or Rome never did fall.

This idea of Parallel Universes also brings into play the idea of time travel. If you could go back and kill your parents, would you disapear.

Not so, say some theorists. You would only not be born in that space continum multi world.

As Hawking said, "If time travel is possible,where are all the future tourists?"

Well, its far from a hard science subject, which is why I placed it here......(the sound of Twilight Zone kicks up)....because you have just crossed over into the Twilight Zone.

I belive that there here but we can't see them and they can't interact with us which really makes time travel pointless but anyway that never stop science before.(The last comment about science would most likely make my belief true)

Mabey we just don't make it that far into the future.

Terminator 2's theroy of time travel is mind bogling where the black guy make's the chip based on is own chip from the future meaning the chip comes into being automatically just by a thought.(very interesting)

As for parallel universe's i can't help but wonder that everytime i make a choice that the universe splits in two.

Originally posted by SLither

Terminator 2's theroy of time travel is mind bogling where the black guy make's the chip based on is own chip from the future meaning the chip comes into being automatically just by a thought.(very interesting)

I explained how that works somewhere in the physics forums - do a search for it. Basically it comes down to "information cannot come from nowhere, but the goalposts can be moved".

I figure that there`s ONE parralel universe, identical in every way to this one composed of "antimater" for wants of a better word, and slightly out of phase with this one so that they never meet (except through black holes possibly)

I got to thinking about how the universe began, how can you you create something from nothing???

I came up with this, Imagine you have no cash in your bank account (sounds like mine already :) how do you go about getting some? well you`de take a loan. I now have a penny in my pocket that`s real and tangible, but at the same time I owe a penny, so I have a minus penny at the same time :) because the penny is not in my account but "shifted" out into my pocket it can exist as an entity.

I figure that`s how the Universe came into being, or universes :)