HEY! Wanna give me some ideas?

GradGrrl

OK, I volunteered to present a paper next week in journal club and I told them I would do it on some sort of prion disease (CWD, madcow etc...)

Maybe one of you guys can suggest a good paper for me to present...recent, average length, and interesting?

Any help would be appreciated. :D

GSS

(grad school sucks)

Edit:

P.S.

it needs to be molecularly based

Smells like work. A really hot topic would be the notorious bird flu. I have no idea where you could get scholarly papers for bio-chem related stuff however. Good luck... and I hope grad school doesn't such that much >.> (I'm going there soon)

P.S.

I guess I just posted cuz your nick somehow resembled "****girl". Just pretending to be a girl gets you 10 times the attention. I'm a victim !! :(

The most recent paper about prions I saw news about was on how size of the prion particles affects how infectious they are, small being more infectious than large. I actually couldn't find the paper, but found this, which is pretty damn similar.

http://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releases/2005-09/nioa-nsc090605.php

JR Silveira et al. The most infectious prion protein particles. Nature. DOI: 10.1038/nature03989