Indoor plants a hazard?

ramdisc

Hello,

I was watching a documentary house repairs. There was one point in the programme where the host explained what happened to the house.

The house was used as a marajuana grow ops. And I don't remember what it was called. But the walls of the house walls, especially corners, was infested with these things.

That is why the house needed repairs and purging. These guys had like chemicals masks and stuff.

Here are my questions:

1. What are those thing growing on the wall!? I know, I know, probably no one else saw the programme here. But in general, if plants are kept indoor at such scale, something will eventually happen to the walls. Such as the trapped moisture and such.

2. If you know what this thing is, is it exclusive to marajuana, or does it affect if other plants are grown indoors too!?

The reason I am interested in knowing this is, I plan to grow some tomatoes and peppers indoors (I don't have a garden nor balcony), and I don't want my room to get infested with these things.

Please help. Thanks in advance.

you may feel free to grow peppers and tomatoes indoors and massive amounts of them too :)

I have done and have Never had a problem, just make sure they get plenty of light and air flow, stale air is no good to Anything!

dampness created in still air will cause molds and fungus growths, and open window and a fan will prevent this :)

Thanks!

If anyone else has something else to add or have a different opinion, please let me know.

Oh, anyone know what that thing growing on the wall is? I want to do some reading on it since those guys were so serious that they needed to wear masks and stuff.

Fungal matter will create Spores, these can be VERY toxic (depending on the variety).

a spray of Copper Sulphate solution will be an effective pre-treatment if you`re worried about this :)

but I`ve grown 18 chili plants in one room and half of these were over 8 foot tall and needed hooks and strings to hold them up, never once had a problem!

oh yeah, Tomatoes (like Chilis) require alot of Potassium rich food when they start flowering, feed from the top of the soil and water from the bottom, that`s the way they like it, and it also cuts down on the fungal activity! :)