When indication is there that a organic chemistry (solve the product) rauation is over

mcstroom

12 hours ago, mcstroom said:

I thought that you keep on doing attacks untill you give evrey atom its proper valance electrons but according to the reaction in the video I saw I was wrong so can someone please help.

Screenshot_20240213-152223_YouTube.jpg

The pictures don't help without a lot more explanation. What are you talking about? 

55 minutes ago, mcstroom said:

What indication is there that a organic chemistry reactions is finnished 

I think that will depend on the reaction in question, won't it? Do you have a particular type in mind?

1 hour ago, mcstroom said:

What indication is there that a organic chemistry reactions 

I was not expecting that awnser. It depends on the reaction I am doing. Wow. I'am doing many reactions. There are many. 

55 minutes ago, exchemist said:

I think that will depend on the reaction in question, won't it? Do you have a particular type in mind?

-Alchols recting with acidified di chromate 

-Alchols reacting with hot sulfuric acid 

-oxidation and reaction reactions 

-acetic acid reactions  etc 

4 hours ago, exchemist said:

The pictures don't help without a lot more explanation. What are you talking about? 

The way I understand is that the product that that used to be a reactant and had the nucluphile  has to have no formal charges but evreything else that was formed by leaving groups can have a formal charge. How far away I am from being correct 

22 minutes ago, mcstroom said:

I was not expecting that awnser. It depends on the reaction I am doing. Wow. I'am doing many reactions. There are many. 

-Alchols recting with acidified di chromate 

-Alchols reacting with hot sulfuric acid 

-oxidation and reaction reactions 

-acetic acid reactions  etc 

The way I understand is that the product that that used to be a reactant and had the nucluphile  has to have no formal charges but evreything else that was formed by leaving groups can have a formal charge. How far away I am from being correct 

What you are now writing seems to have no connection to your original question. A discussion of reaction mechanisms and formal charges seems to have nothing to do with how you can tell that a reaction is complete or not.

I can't comment any further unless you can be clearer about what you are trying to do.  

On 2/14/2024 at 4:52 PM, exchemist said:

What you are now writing seems to have no connection to your original question. A discussion of reaction mechanisms and formal charges seems to have nothing to do with how you can tell that a reaction is complete or not.

I can't comment any further unless you can be clearer about what you are trying to 

i'am simply tying to predict products 

I'am sorry for the late response I completly forgot about my post here 

On 2/14/2024 at 4:52 PM, exchemist said:

I can't comment any further unless you can be clearer about what you are trying to do.  

I've got to go sleep right now, so I won't be able to respond for 8 hours so😅

Edited by mcstroom