Help with simulations in Rstudio. Topic is on how Climate change impacts coral reef extinction rates.

Turin95

I am currently trying to do a simulation in rstudio. I am not using real data, the task is to just do a simulation on a topic of my choose within the module of macroevolution and phylogenies. I have attached a picture of an example of a graph which I have produced in Rstudio... I won't be using this in my piece.. But I wanted to check if I am on the right lines? My chosen topic is how climate change may impact extinction rates of coral reefs. Any tips and suggestions on the models I should use, or how to use Rstudio correctly, would be greatly appreciated. Sorry if this post isn't clear enough.. Do let me know if you would like any clarification on anything :) 

Just to give you some context, I had a practical which involved the following: "The practical on simulation techniques in phylogenetic comparative biology focused on generating simulated data using stochastic models. Key topics included simulating phylogenetic trees and traits, using models like the birth-death model for trees and various models for trait evolution (continuous or categorical). It emphasized the use of simulations to answer specific types of questions, such as understanding model behavior, evaluating method accuracy, and establishing expected random patterns or parameter values. The practical also covered the integration of tree and trait simulations, especially for scenarios where traits affect lineage evolution. The use of R programming, particularly with packages like 'ape' and 'phytools', was central to the techniques taught." 

Any help will be greatly appreciated, as I was unable to attend this practical, and I am working as an external student, so I have no one to support me :( 

image.png

Edited by Turin95
incorrect picture attached