Acesulfame Potassium

I've been noticing Acesulfame K used in more foods and drinks. I have been wondering about this because I have been taking it in with consumption of goods.

Now my questions is: is this a sugar alcohol?

According to the Atkin's Nutrional Approach, you are not suppose to take in large amounts of things such as aspartame or sugar and that it is ok to take in limited amounts of sugar alcohols.

So, I question if this Acesulfame K has an effect on blood sugar making the body slow down the metabolic acceleration process while going on Atkin's.

I can't find much information on the web about it's sugar alcohol simile

i've read that. I suspected someone would show me that. I should have told peopel I read that already. Are you sure it's not a sugar alcohol?

I listed in the discussion section a question about it's influence on blood sugar levels... before I posted this thread.

Nope; I really try to avoid sugar substitutes, but, then, I have the option. I do know that if you keep your sugar intake very low, things taste a lot sweeter. I find that cream makes my coffee taste sweet when I go carb-less.