Laminar flow tap design control

Erina

Kohler the company produce a simplistic perpendicular designed outlet, flush from the wall, which produces a crystal clear jet of water for use in the domestic bathroom environment: https://www.faucet.com/kohler-k-923-polished-chrome-modern-wall-or-ceiling-mount-bath-filler-with-95-inch-2-4-cm-orifice-from/f231619

I would like to know how much control could be had from a static system regarding where the flow would finish? I understand that there are very strict principles to be observed in order to achieve the Laminar effect and it doesn't seem like there would be much room for manoeuvre with this design i.e. only on and off?

What if the water were a widened sheet design, such as a uniform waterfall, could there be more control over the rate of flow and direction, whist still maintaining the clear effect?

I am interested in the single jet stream for use to wash my hands in a small bathroom basin, but utilise the sheet of for washing up cutlery and crookery in a larger basin.