Is this ‘method’ valid?

redfox

I’ve been presented with a one man study that has very little information. The one presenting it is trying to prove that silver is easily excreted from the body. 

This is the entire materials and methods portion. I know nothing about testing for the presence of silver but this doesn’t seem complete to me. 

can someone please tell me what’s missing and what they could have done instead?

thanks

’ The present study is based on using a 180-volt DC current between a stainless steel container (cathode) and a silver strip (anode) suspended in about a half gallon of distilled water (less than 2 ppm total dissolved solids). The water distiller, as well as the electrolytic set-up and power supply, were commercial units purchased through the Internet. A milliammeter was added to the circuit to measure current to both monitor and help achieve process reproducibility.’