Toxicology sources

keyesrussell

Hi there everyone.

I'm currently in my second year of studying Biochemistry at university and was thinking of writing my third year dissertation on a particular toxin or poisonous substance, possibly examining it's mechanism of action in detail, maybe analysing possibility for therapeutic potential depending on the substance. I did a presentation on Bothrops Asper venom recently, and have been dabbling in toxicology since my first year. However, to get a start in formalising my education on this topic I was hoping someone could point me in the right direction. Ideally a fairly widely known textbook, and I don't mind dishing out some cash for one. Any websites or journals would also be appreciated.

Thanks

Have tried the elsevier journal Toxicon? I just did a quick search on Bothrops Asper and found a few articles that looked interesting. Thankfully there are great people out there who make access to these resources free. So you wont even need to dish out a lot of cash! You can do quite a bit of detailed browsing with online journal databases to spark your curiosity.