Dark Energy, DM and Universe Structure - Reworked

MikeAL

I have been turning over some ideas for a while and have come up with the following which could be useful ontologically. It have gone to effort to make it simpler than my previous attempt, and to correct any obvious errors I came upon.

We know the universe is expanding at an accelerating rate and the acceleration is ubiquitous throughout the universe. We know matter doesn't seem to undergo this same spreading. Such a uniform acceleration of expansion brings is typical of the forces a wave would exert as its wavelength increased.

Fig 1. In a sine wave both the trough and the crest undergo expansive geometric forces, causing a shift in wavelength as they propagate. The arrows indicate the direction of the forces at that part of the wave.

59f6c1d33e2c7_1GeometricForces.thumb.jpg.5adf82a8eb00d556d0b290edcd42161f.jpg

Fig 2. I would like to ascribe this wave function to the curvature of space-time. Note there is a +1 and -1 reflecting the degree of curvature.

Superimposed onto this wave is the universal plane. This is where matter exists. The value of the gravity along this line corresponds to the value of the sine wave at that point.

As the wave lengthens, the universal plane is stretched.

59f6c215a9e47_2CurvatureandUniversalPlane.thumb.jpg.7f20bf84bd8729fa3c06afd742275249.jpg

Fig 3. If we make the curvature of space where 'gravity' occurs -1, then by convention +1 would become a curvature of space that is 'anti-gravitational'.

In these areas of anti-gravity, matter cannot exist. It will only exist where the gravity is between the value range of 0 and -1. I wish to denote the area of the trough where the gravity is between 0 and -1 as Mike's Gravity (A), to differentiate it from the gravity intrinsic to matter. The crest we can simply call B.

59f6c22e1ffdc_3Clustering.thumb.jpg.e3b8f9e219c9d9de319da85142d787db.jpg

Fig 4. Because matter has its own intrinsic gravity different to Mike's gravity (A), it will act to curve space in this region further. This will cause trough walls in A to close together.

B has not such gravity and does not clump, however the shape is affected by the change in the trough. B would represent areas of no matter. In our universe this would correspond with 

intergalactic space. 

59f6c2484f3d9_4Structure.thumb.jpg.e9dfb1dda7bfab2a49117863999a0db7.jpg

Mikes gravity A, which is separate from the intrinsic gravity of matter could be considered Dark Matter. This is the unaccounted for gravity that I was describing in my Dark Matter OP.

The space in the crests could be argued to display the properties of Dark Energy.

This structure approximates what we see when we look at the Cosmic Web, which shows the relationships between galaxies and intergalactic space (below). 

Of course the wave I have described is not an exact duplicate of what we see. For example the wave I have drawn is a 2D representation and the images have a 3D shape. My wave is also simplified as no attempt at describing interference patterns created by matter with gravity moving independently has occurred.

59f6c6f37b228_CosmicWeb.jpg.580452d499c7dfa3a0feb7525bb00747.jpg

59f6c7908c3cf_CosmicWeb2.thumb.jpg.5d1d5f3a5b26f77394afd7d02d043eff.jpg

Just so we are clear, I am not saying THIS IS IT! I am offering the idea for discussion.