Attempt at polymer computer case

Enski

hey all .

At the moment I have a forty dollar gift voucher for a hardware store and my plans are to turn that forty dollars into something more (because Im broke and bored ). I have friends who would buy a case if I could make my ideas come true . I'm intending to build the case from scratch and I just want some advice on a couple things I'm tossing around in my head .

Whats the best way of making a mould ?

at the moment I'm thinking of just plastering a couple layers of wroughted mesh , any other (easier) alternatives .

What kind of polymer is best & cheapest to use in a mould ?

Any other advice from people who've attempted this .

if you have an exsisting case already, I`de recommend vacuum moulding, it`s great for getting all the little tiny details and stuff :)

from there I would imagine you`de need something sturdy to make the positive with, fiberglass springs to mind for that, both for it`s easy of use, it`s speed and "patchworthyness" if you want to change or add something to it later, it sprays up quite nicely too :)

hope that helps as at least One option :)

you`ll be able to get fiber glass from a car body shop OR a good hobby/model shop.

basicly it`s a fine mesh weave of glass fiber (like loft insulation but thinner and more rigid), then you have 2 liquids that you mix together (the resin and hardener), dip in a small paint brush, and wet part of the mesh, stick that that to where you want it on the mould, and continue until the mould is covered, you`ll need to make several layers and make sure there`s no air pockets, it sounds harder than it is really, when you`ve seen it done, it`s easy :)

later when it sets, take it out of the mould and leave it for 24 hours, you can sand it down then and spray it what ever color you like.