Degree-Distance

Martinez

The Least Angle topic opened a rather heated debate 'mongst work associates, most of whom have a strong background in acadenics.....I do not! The question evolved to : What formula gives the distance between each adjacent angular degree on circumference of the circle? In a foregoing thread I gave the formula for describing the least possible distance between 2 adjacent degrees as pi/40. From that I now deduce that the distance between 2 adjacent degrees of any circumference is given as radius/radian. I think it stands, but before taking it to the others thought I might try for an outside opinion. What say you?

What formula gives the distance between each adjacent angular degree on circumference of the circle?
What you are asking is not clear. The answer to what you appear to be asking is:

Distance = pi * D /360

If this is not what you are looking for (and your own suggestion of pi/40 suggests it is not) then please clarify.

What you are asking is not clear. The answer to what you appear to be asking is:

Distance = pi * D /360

If this is not what you are looking for (and your own suggestion of pi/40 suggests it is not) then please clarify.

Thanks for the reply Ophiolite. That is exactly what I was looking for! We arrive at the same answer, but by different formula. Pi/40 derives from my interpretation of the Pythagoras perfect ratios as relevant to Base 10. It is good to have confirmation on such questions.