ion projector or ion gun

drizzt

ok i seen some 1 selling plans for an ion gun that can pop ballons at a 8' range

i love trying electronics projects but this one seems a little far fetched.

does any 1 have any experience with this type of application

and any links if possible

basically a novelty item.

the ones that i have read about can pop a ballon and make a person feel uncomfortable if pointed at them.

really i just wanted to learn more about ions and how to focus them

Hmm... the best I can offer is a Microwave Cannon design that I`ve built, but I`ll need to chat with my peers as to our policy on Hazardous Materials and sub-sections.

I doubt very much if if it`ll be allowed (I wouldn`t allow it myself with untrained folks in all honesty).

I WILL ask though, that IS a promise :)

cool, ty yt.

i have messed around with a few magnatrons b4 but never really tried to focus the waves. sound very interesting and cool to

but again if the rules do not allow it thats alright

• 3 weeks later...

Ever heard of cathode ray tubes (in t.v.s etc.)? It's the same thing. Also.. if you have heard of ion engines (deep space one) its just an ion gun on a larger scale... I studied a lot about ion engines and so should know all the basic premises for the ion gun... you can pm if you have any questions.