Is the Wikipedia page of a movie as much the meaning of life as the movie in question?

marieltrokan

Alien Covenant is currently filming, and when it gets released it'll be reviewed and perhaps be praised or criticised - either way, will its Wikipedia page be as much meaningful?

Well that's like asking if an art critic's review of a painter's exhibition is as meaningful as the art. Or if Rolling Stone's Magazine's review of a newly released album is as meaningful as the music itself. The answer to both of those is no.

You also asked to different questions, right? I mean, is the Wikipedia page REALLY a critical review? I would have to say that whenever I have read one on a movie or a piece of music or a painting even, they indeed were NOT so much as subjective reviews as they were objective (pretty much) descriptions of the item in question. Usually with a bit of history and context, such as listing the genre. They seem to be more along the lines of an Encyclopedia entry than a critical review. And I believe this is the intention as well.

Strange question you ask, I must say. But thanks. (are you currently doing some sort of school project or essay on Art Critique? I ask this in light of some of your other questions this past week.

Thanks for replying. I just mean that a Wikipedia page is as much reality as a movie it's based on, therefore could people regard the page (even if the page isn't one of criticism) as being as meaningful as the movie itself.

I think I'm trying to say that Wikipedia pages about movies make me regard movies as less meaningful.