Relevance of the social network

How difficult is positive social engineering ? (the social network).

Humans usually agree to disagree. (wars occur as a result).

Try to create harmony among individuals through humor (as an illustration).

We all know how difficult it is to share a joke and be appreciated for the same.

(Good comedians are the soul of the party.).

Think of how difficult it is to create a positive social group (or network).

Why is it that humans essentially like to isolate themselves from the mainstream?

Is it an evolutionary adaption for our survival ? :unsure:

I think isolation is not the human norm and that socialization, and per se cooperation, is an evolutionary adaptation which people have used to good effect. Social engineering is a fool's errand. To quote from Robert Burns' poem To a Mouse, on Turning Her Up in Her Nest with the Plough:

But Mousie, thou art no thy lane,

In proving foresight may be vain:

The best-laid schemes o' mice an' men

Gang aft agley,

An' lea'e us nought but grief an' pain,

For promis'd joy!

• 2 weeks later...

I don't think that humans necessarily isolate themselves from the mainstream. I think that inteligent people do, but not the masses. They are easily manipulated by proven techniques, and pop culture idols. That's why there is a mainstream.

It's not hard to put together a viable social network to reach a common goal if you have the right people and realize and accept there talents and short commings.

I think that a lot of people think that everyone else is just like them, or should be, just because they are people too and that's far from truth and/or reason.

A good comedian can find common ground with his audiance that can see a part of themselves in him,or somebody they know that has some relevance to the jokes and stories that he is telling.

Like people do seem to group together. We are all here because we like science and philosophy, but there is a lot of friction because we all have our own theories and ideas that we want to prove to the world.