Control studies to determine formulas for vital signs?

caters

This is related to my cyborg thought experiment(which is really an extension of my cell from scratch thought experiment). It is about determining heart rate, breathing rate, temperature, %O2, and blood pressure from these parameters:

Activity(sleeping, eating, running, etc.)

Disease or no disease

Specific disease(if in fact it has a disease)

Severity of disease

and

Emotion

For the control studies I would need to make sure that I have people and/or cyborgs with the same vital signs at rest(Using average vital signs to make it simpler) This would require that I monitor all of them while at rest in conditions that wouldn't cause unexpected variation.

It would start with just 1 parameter varying. So in other words I would ask them(or in the case of babies, examine them and ask their parents) if they have a certain emotion, age, disease, and severity of disease if I wanted to see how activity changes the vital signs(I would be looking at heart rate first since that has the most variation). I would need a lot of general anesthesia for the ones that are sleeping so that they don't notice that I am monitoring their vital signs. Also for ones with no disease at all I would need to make sure that they are in a sterile room so that infections don't cause unexpected variation like higher heart rates in all groups and that they all get the same amount of calories and the same amount of each nutrient so that things like diabetes in some people but not others don't cause unexpected variation.

But when I get to combinations of parameters it would quickly go up to thousands of groups and thus millions and even billions of people. Even in the largest building in the world I still could not do a control study of this magnitude, especially with adults of which only thousands would fit and even then it would be like cells in our body(That is very close together with very little space(inches in this case)).

I would not be able to move in there if they were all adults. I would be stuck in 1 spot like most eukaryotic cells. And what if I were pregnant in there and my abdomen was gradually getting bigger? I might cause all the adults to be injured just by me being pregnant.

So if I were to somehow determine the formulas for different vital signs based on the varying parameters how would I do it without it getting to the magnitude of millions and billions?

Edited by caters