Physics or medicine or computer sciences? (I am lost in my career choice)

Snowyowl

Hello.

I have a problem here. I'm currently a student in physics (on my first year).

I'm very interested in neurophysics and neurosciences, but also in theoretical mathematics (it was my second choice) and electronics (robotics).

The problem is (it might sound silly but..) I want to earn a great salary, especially after 8 years of university.

I thought that maybe a medical physicist or a neurophysicist/scientist could earn more than just a ''regular'' physicist (no offense to people who study physics in non-health related fields). Also my physics and mathematics teachers told me that if I wanted to make a lot of money I should switch to medicine. I also thought that I could switch to computer sciences, or electrical engineering and go work for a high-tech company, but I am not even sure if the pay would be better.

So, I am divided between my passion for mathematics and my thirst for sciences knowledge, and my passion to make money and somewhat the thrill of going in medicine and maybe to save lives.

Thanks, Matt.

Medicine will generally pay better than the other jobs that you have listed. Medical physicist I have no idea what the pay is like, but I imagine as it is to do with health/medicine that job prospects are good and reasonably paid.

Electrical engineering and computer scientist are not what I would call top paying jobs, above average sure.

Another possible route could be after your degree in physics go into financial modelling. I know that that can pay well, but the people I know personally doing that al hold PhDs.