How one would get gasoline from hybrid poplar on a budget?

Ik this is kind of extreme. http://www.pnl.gov/main/publications/external/technical_reports/pnnl-18284.pdf

Above is a link to the process

So it has to go through "pre-treatment" (ground and dried), fast pyrolisis, hydrotreating, and then hydrocracking.

Can anyone give me insight into these stages and how one would do them without a factory? I may post updates on new things I find as I'm going to keep researching... I just know helpful people are usually on these forums.

Edited by Joe459

If you could "do them without a factory," and on a budget, then it would be done already. But I'd like to see what updates you can find; you have discovered the key to civilization's global existential problem.

===

And if you want usable power, instead of just liquid fuel, then there are even more opportunities to discover new adaptations for pyrolysis.

... crw_8821.jpg

Searched: woodgas camp stoves

I've got pictures of a 30-gal. trashcan-sized design, which burns in a manner similar to the above photo; so ask if you're interested.

~ :)

...time for the next step in our evolutionary symbiosis....