Looking for anecdotes related to the natural sciences

Hi all,

Basically I am looking for anecdotes, mildly amusing (or at least amusingly written) about things that have happened within the field. Can be any length and from any area of the natural sciences. I'm looking for stuff that will get students/young people more interested in this field of science by opening it up, showing the funny bits behinds the scenes and hopefully making it seem less 'stuffy'. The stories will hopefully go into a blog post, for which the submitter will get full acknowledgement.

If you have any, you can post them here (in their entirety or an outline and I will embellish it), or you can private message me or follow the link and submit them through there. Pictures/videos would al

Some examples of topics might be an experiment going wrong, a captive animal escaping and wreaking havoc or a student wearing unsuitable clothing to a field trip and going headfirst into the mud.

Further examples can be found at: https://themuddyscientist.wordpress.com/

Thanks