Do Objects Fall at the same rate according to their Weight? YES!

bbouch111

I will fix my equations and design an experiment. I will post a revised thread when I am done. Any equations anyone suggest I use?

1. F = ma
  2. v = Σa

objects ... will fall a certain way at a certain speed because of their weight, density, mass, air resistance, ect, ect. ...

The object's weight is the force of gravity, which is a function of the object's mass and gravity (W = mg), and the resulting acceleration of the object is a = F/m, or here it's W/m, which gives you the original g. Thus, the object's mass gives it its force due to gravitational acceleration, yet this force acting on the same mass results in the original gravitational acceleration. The object's mass, used in both calculations, effectively cancel each other, which is what they've been trying to tell you here.

If you take two 16oz hammers that fall at the same speed ...

... and when you put these two hammers together, they drop at the same acceleration and reach the same velocity as they did separately.

Why would connecting objects make them fall faster? Why don't we see it happening in simple experiments? Why aren't these people falling five times faster than they do separately?

1609256-405483-laurence-mouton-altopress-maxppp-teens-holding-hands-and-jumping-in-the-air.jpg

Edited by ewmon