please can someone answer this question

butterfly

i have done everything i can think of to get the answer to this but i cant seem to get it right! i must be doing something wrong!

Any help with be greatly appreciated!

Question 6.

Calculate the concentration of hydrogen peroxide in the 10 mL aliquot, taken from the reaction if the titration with 0.0168 M permanganate solution requires 24.8 mL to reach the end-point

actually, it's a little more complicated, this question isn't as easy as it seems

First: you need to look up the latimer diagrams for standard redox potentials for both peroxide and permanganate and see what the products may be formed from the reaction (acidic or basic media differ, there will be separate latimer diagrams, but they should be in the back of your textbook)

Second: a good way to do it is to write out the reaction and balance it, electrons, charges, and all

here is a good step by step: http://www.science.uwaterloo.ca/~cchieh/cact/c123/balance.html

balancing redox equations: anyway, write and balance the 1/2 reactions, then balance H's with protons (for acidic media), then balance the O's with waters, balance the charges with electrons

then multiply the coefficients in the reactions so that the number of electrons are equal on both sides, then cancel out all the electrons, and whatever protons and waters are left, add the two half reactions and you now have your balanced redox eqn

from the coefficients you can get the number of equivalents of peroxide per permanganate (lots of pers)

I couldn't give you the answer because I don't know if it's in basic or acidic media, so I can't predict the products.