Beta decay, or a corner of the Higgs Sector

Hello guys, you could be interesting on some strange coincidences that point to a new method to measure the mass of elementary fields in the nuclear range.

If one does a histogram of all the beta decays stored in the worldwide nuclear database ENSDAT/NUDAT, doing bins per atomic mass, one finds that the histogram peaks strongly in two situations:

1) when energy differences between nuclei are greater than the binding of an alpha particle.

2) when the mass of the nuclei is equal or slightly greater than 81 GeV. And all we know that this mass is the one of the particle field responsible for beta decay!

attachment.php?attachmentid=308

(if the inline image does not work, check the attachments, or please scroll around my webpage.

Besides, nuclear mass differences at the neutron and proton driplines present irregularities when the mass of the nucleus takes values around 68 GeV, W, Z, 115 Gev, 175 Gev and 246 Gev. This exhausts the known irregularities (magic and semimagic numbers). Lacking of appropriate interpretation, I am calling this phenomena the "Lamb's Balance"

attachment.php?attachmentid=309

It is amazing that, while a lot of people got interest on the preliminary 115 GeV scalar signal, almost nobody cared of the similar preliminary, then forgoten, hint of a 68 Gev charged scalar, slightly leptofobic. I guess it is because the scale was not compatible with the MSSM. In fact I have seen plots of the signal both in OPAL and L3, but it seems that only L3 took it seriously.

bhist.jpg

uno.jpg

NZ.jpg

attachment.php?attachmentid=308

(if the inline image does not work' date=' check the attachments, or please scroll around my webpage...

the image works fine here

also you added explanatory notes to that image (making it easier to understand) but not to the other image id=309

I, for one, could use even more explanation, and maybe others could as well.

(or pointers to the appropriate places on your webpage if that is where this is explained in more basic terms)

id=309 was well explained in the preprints 0405076 and EXT-2004-048 in the website, where a different image was used but the argument and method was the same.

As in the extant attachment (NZ.jpg), the plot disposes the nuclei in a surface according number of neutrons and protons. Then nuclei having approximately the same nuclear mass (same atomic number A) are disposed in diagonal. I underline the diagonals for some mass of interest, and then I also plot the lines marking nuclear magic numbers. The point there is that the cross between magic number lines and our diagonals happens always very near of the drip lines. Or conversely, given the mass and the drip lines, we can estimate where the magic numbers are going to be. This hints strongly that besides spin orbit, a contribution to magicity could come from the particles on the Higgs/electroweak sector.

The image id=309 shows proton and neutron drip lines calculated for four different nuclear models. The plots are got from a work of Uno, a Japanese scientist and burocrat, and the whole image is given to suplement the ones in the preprints. 0405076 uses only the very simple drip lines from a 1993 preprint on the FRDM mass model, and EXT-2004-048 uses a different (russian?) model that calculates 2-p and 2-n drips, but in exchange it also estimates the proton and neutron skin radius.

• 11 years later...

Now that the higgs mass is known, I have updated some plots.

A very interesting one, that I did not noticed in 2004, was this one, for hot neutron-induced fission of 235U

post-126-0-27020400-1441719628_thumb.png

were an enhancement of the fission yield seems to happen when the mass of the small fragment is about 235 - 147 u

The previous plot of beta decays can benefit of the Higgs mass, but it is interesting to look at it in yield histograms, as

really the number of betas in the database depends of the number of nuclei we have measured. So:

post-126-0-75291300-1441719542_thumb.png

I have put some extra plots in a vixra document

http://vixra.org/abs/1509.0090