Whence is mass?

Yuri Danoyan

In my last thread http://www.scienceforums.net/forum/showthread.php?t=34145 i was talking about mass, as a stumbling block for description in binary way.

Origin of mass is most important problem in modern physics.Discovery of Higgs my be solving this question. Simple interpretation of Higgs mechanism is 2+2=3+1.(L.B. Okun, Leptons and Quarks, NorthHolland, Amsterdam, 1982,. Section 20.4) This interpretation very close to metasymmetry idea.But metasymmetry more comprehensive, because illustrates:

1) 3 of 4 fundamental interactions (strong, electromagnetic, weak) are relatively closed by their intensity magnitude but are greatly different from gravitational Again the 3:1 ratio

2) In the Standard Theory of weak electric interaction bosons (W+, W-, Z) have a mass but a photon does not. Again we have the 3:1 ratio.

3). Mmin u-quark/Mel+ 1.5Mev/0.51 Mev = 3:1 ratio

Question: "Why mass of proton equal 938,28 Mev?" my be meaningless,but if ask "Why Mp/Me=1836 ?" already has meaning. There the nature used minimax principle. Dividing this record half-and-half and every half sum up get 99; 9+9=18 1+8=9;9 is maximal one - digit number in decimal. 9 to binary 1001.Beautiful mirror symmetry. Real confirmation Dirac's aphorisms: "God used beautiful mathematics in creating the world" or "A physical law must possess mathematical beauty."

Pay attention to dimensions Planck units :

c ; L T ^-1

G ; L^3 M^-1 T^ -2

h ; L^2 M T^ -1

Last two Planck units contain mass.If show L as 01 and T as11, for G we get 1/9, for h we get 1/3, that mean h more fit to metasymmetry.

My be h #1 constant of nature? Some hint give Planck mass Mp=(hc/G)^1/2 .We simultaneously can decrease or increase c and G, but Mp remains unchanged.

Russian mathematican Yuri Manin in his book "Mathematics as Metaphor"( http://www.amazon.com/Mathematics-Metaphor-Collected-Works/dp/0821843311/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1219573904&sr=1-1) used expression "the rudiments of the classical terminology ".My be "mass" and "force" , as notion, also are rudiments?

In the same book Manin wrote : My be spin is truly fundamental value and other only remnants of classical physics?

Edited by Yuri Danoyan
multiple post merged

The equations that describe the behavior of elementary

particles become fundamentally simpler and more

symmetric when the mass of the particles is zero. So eliminating

mass enables us to bring more symmetry into the mathematical

description of Nature.(Frank Wilczek)

• 2 weeks later...