9th grade science help!!!!!!!!!!!!

a_lyssa1591

i am in a 9th grade collage prep experimental lab class and i am being taught from a book that is about 30 years out dated and that is not an issue obviously with my fellow classmates because they get it just fine , but for me it is difficult , we so far have studied about measuring volume and mass accuratly and also about characteristic properties such as boiling point, melting point, freezing point, density , and solubility and my exam is in two days and i looked at some of the tested i got c's on and i got alot wrong so i am freaking out.

okay , i have a hard time understanding questions like in determining the volume of a rectangular box, five cubes were found to fit exactly along one edge, and four cubes along another edge. however, after six horizontal layers had been stacked in the box, a space was left unfilled if the height of the space was half the lenght of an edge of a unit cube, what was the volume of the box?

okay that is what i thought i was doing in the begining of the problem but then the "word" half throw me off so how can't interprit the problem?

i have been told alot off thinks about word problems like state the given numbers or just look at the numbers and i try but all the word in between throw me off, it is frusttrating because i try so hard to understand

• 4 weeks later...