eMule via Norton Internet Security....

albertlee

I have a problem utilizing my Norton Internet Security firewall....

my eMule cant connect via TCP because my firewall blocks...

I have set eMule to "permit all" under the Internet Access Control of my firewall...

however, my eMule still cant connect via TCP, unless I switch off my firewall...

Does any one have experienced using this firewall? and know how to resolve this problem??

thanks

I have experience using NIS (norton internet security) 2003 (which I haven't used for a while but do have it on an old computer) and 2005 (which I currently use).

Try deleting the permission options and then when it tries to connect to the internet it should ask (via a pop-up box) for permission.

Also go through the list of programs which have permission, sometimes there's one program in 2 places under different names for example name #1 "Red Storm Entertainment: Cover ops" name #2 "Covert ops" so they're both for the same game and both need to be active but because the list is in alphabetical order they're in different places. I made the example up, but I have seen it with a program before, can't remember which though, it was probably like online gaming and gaming updating serperate or some such.

Maybe eMule (which I've never used) is trying to do something which NIS is preventing (well obviously!) but like maybe NIS stops Java or ActiveX which it can do.

Or if eMule uses pop-ups then check under the Norton Anti-spam section.