Looking for someone with experience in satellite tagging of migratory species

Zenco

Hi community,

I am currently applying for a grant to further study marine turtles in the South-East Asian country Timor-Leste. Together with a small team, we were able to tag two green turtles this year and we will continue with this work next year to build a database and get a broader understanding of the turtle populations in the country.

It looks like I am a bit lost in terms of planning and I want to make the most of the project. I will only be able to spend a bit more than a month in the country early next year (nesting season) working together with two local students I met during my last two trips to the country. I am a marine biology student and just finished the fourth semester so my knowledge is a bit limited and my expectations way out there sometimes.

Basically, I am looking for a mentor I can ask for advice, someone who has experience with similar projects, biologging, population dynamics of marine reptiles, etc.. My lecturers at my Uni have no knowledge about the country and very basic experience and knowledge concerning marine turtles and biologging. I started this and the last project myself but as it goes, it grows and grows and it is getting a bit complex. 

I have a report written up about the work my team and I did so far. For everyone who is interested in giving me a hand, that would probably be a good thing to have a look at, point out some flaws, tell me what I did well or not and how we can improve this thing to make the most of it and to not screw up the funds I might get.

Most important for me at the moment is to figure out how to navigate around seaturtle.org and get data online available for the public. 

Cheers, David