Building a system to make plasma for fusion reactors, magnetrons and more.

chironex

Hi all. New to the forums but wanted to share a project I've been working on for a while. Since highschool I've been messing around fusors and other plasma based devices. I recently made a video going over some of the basics of working with these kinds of systems using mostly salvaged parts. Hope you enjoy :)

This is an extremely interesting start to your future videos.

Thankyou for posting.

Questions

1) When you create the plasma, are you getting an avalanche effect with more electrons being released in your vacuum, than you supply.

2) Have you considered trying to seperate the positive and negative charges using a magnetic field, to cause the charges to be collected onto seperate plates, within the magnetic field.

3) The negative terminal attracts the positive charge, have you tried using the negative terminal without an earth connection so that the electrons extracted from your negative terminal as they neutralize the positive charges arent immediately replaced with electrons from the ground.

4) Have you considered connecting to a negative terminal of a battery, to alllow this positive charge to cold charge the battery via electron extraction from the negative terminal.

etc etc

Andy

Edited by Handy andy