• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Haya

Haya

Meson

• Senior Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 10 December 2016 - 02:29 PM

"Particles can aggregate and settle out of solution through four basic mechanisms: double layer compression, sweep flocculation, adsorption and charge neutralization, and adsorption and interparticle bridging (34, 35)."

I can't understand these mechanisms, would someone explain them, please?

#2 Ophiolite

Ophiolite

Moderately Super

• Resident Experts
  • 5,436 posts
  • LocationWithin sight of three battles

Posted 10 December 2016 - 02:55 PM

There appear to be abundant items relating to these mechanisms revealed by a google search. Is that not working for you?

I waited and waited for a response to my post and when none came I knew it must be from you.

Ashleigh Brilliant

One can never eliminate the concept of irreducible complexity as long as it is supported by inexplicable stupidity.

Ophiolite

#3 Haya

Haya

Meson

• Senior Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 11 December 2016 - 05:09 AM

There appear to be abundant items relating to these mechanisms revealed by a google search. Is that not working for you?

My original language isn't English and google search explains them in a complex way for me, so i need someone make them simple and easy to understand.

#4 Ophiolite

Ophiolite

Moderately Super

• Resident Experts
  • 5,436 posts
  • LocationWithin sight of three battles

Posted 11 December 2016 - 02:12 PM

That is problematic. Is your query directly related to water purification, or to these processes in general? My exposure to them relates to their role in drilling fluids.I'm not sure my input would be of much help.

Edit: Excuse me. You clearly stated in the title that this was for water treatment. Sorry for missing that.

Edited by Ophiolite, 11 December 2016 - 02:13 PM.

I waited and waited for a response to my post and when none came I knew it must be from you.

Ashleigh Brilliant

One can never eliminate the concept of irreducible complexity as long as it is supported by inexplicable stupidity.

Ophiolite

#5 Haya

Haya

Meson

• Senior Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 12 December 2016 - 04:06 PM

That is problematic. Is your query directly related to water purification, or to these processes in general? My exposure to them relates to their role in drilling fluids.I'm not sure my input would be of much help.

Edit: Excuse me. You clearly stated in the title that this was for water treatment. Sorry for missing that.

My queries are related to those employed in water purification not in general.

Edited by Haya, 12 December 2016 - 04:07 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users