Effect of string theory, multiple dimensions, computer simulations, and the multiverse on religion

Oddball305

It seems that a lot of traditional religion that seems absurd or irrational, such as an afterlife, ressurrection, a different world of existence, etc., actually becomes possible if some different scientific theories turn out to be true. For example, if more than 4 dimensions really do exist, then I suppose it's possible for some type of reality to exist there. If we exist inside a computer simulation, I suppose it's possible for the game to be turned off and turned on again, restarting the same characters. If there is a parallel universe, then I suppose exact copies of us could exist there. And so on.

I think the only thing they all have in common is that none of them have any evidence to support them. And some seem unfalsifiable, which makes them unscientific.

For example, if more than 4 dimensions really do exist, then I suppose it's possible for some type of reality to exist there.

Dimensions, as used in string theory, aren't planes of existence. They're coordinates in a system for determining position in spacetime. I could give you x, y, z, and t so you could figure out where and when to meet for lunch, for instance.