Ill take "Things I put in my eye." for 400, Alex

Callipygous

Post the most interesting/painful things you have had in your eye.

the top of my painful list is probably jalapeno juice.

just tonight i think i got my most interesting with "bread".

others include the standard dirt, dust, small rocks etc. and whatever that black flaky stuff is that forms on your pipes under the sink and falls down when you replace your fittings.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah, jallepeno sause sux.

having a cigarrete then putting a contact lense in also stings like buggary.

my most painful has got to be a scrunched up paper ball, which sliced my contact lense in half and paper-cut my eye. ouch.

would you mind if i added 'things gotten lodged up nose' to your question? i got a rasin wedged up my right nostril once when i was young. my mum had to fish it out with a matchstick.

an iron filing, I was using an angle grinder (without protection), at 1`st I felt nothing at all, then about a week later lots of pain/irritation and a brown spot in the cornea that was getting larger daily, went to the hospital and they took it out saying I was about 2 days from loosing my eyesight! (as well as the `should have worn goggles lecture`).

Omg it has to be my contact lens.

Those with the 3 month life expectancy.Being a normal person unless they actually are splitting or turning into wrinkly crisps with fungal growth,you wear the little buggers till they disintergrate.

Well id had this pair two years and as usual a trip to the nightclub and eventually falling into bed at 3am complete with curry in hair etc."yep id left em in"

The next day i thought it funny that my vision was milky,oh dear my eyes were starting to sting .Looking in the mirror they were tomato red,quickly removing them from my eyes a sigh of relief yes i hadnt been wrong.My vision was still milky it must be foggy today.

Anyway i endured another 3 hours of excrusciating pain before i eventually went to hospital and recieved treatment.The consultant said id been very lucky that i had my vision as my left eye had some fancy name stripped from it but everything turned out okay.Though i can no longer stare directly at the sun anymore ...damn:-(

an iron filing, I was using an angle grinder (without protection), at 1`st I felt nothing at all, then about a week later lots of pain/irritation and a brown spot in the cornea that was getting larger daily, went to the hospital and they took it out saying I was about 2 days from loosing my eyesight! (as well as the `should have worn goggles lecture`).

You really were lucky - that filing had started to rust in your eye.

I had a similar experience to the pepper juice. It goes with a story.

Many years ago - when I was about 19, I had been stringing some hot peppers for drying. My dad offered me a bunch of broken up cinder block left over from buiding construction - I lived on a canal bank that was not bulkheaded and the shoreline was eroding.

So - I started throwing the blocks in the back of the truck. Not having had much experience with pickups or life in general, I thought it would be to my advantage to leave them close to the tailgate so I could just shove them out when I got home.

So - as I'm driving them home, I get up to 55 and the front wheels of the truck come off the ground. At the same moment, a gnat flies in through the open window - right into my eye. I try to get it out with my finger, and discover that I still have hot pepper oil on my fingers, which I have now transferred to my eye. Of course, there are no tissues or kleenex in the old truck.

I slowed down and got the front wheels on the ground, and managed to drive the rest of the way with tears streaming out of both eyes.

A friend of mine in Queensland once got a green tree ant crushed between

his eyelid.

Judging by the screams it hurt.

As for myself, hmm, coke-a-cola hurt(don't ask).

But sawdust was the worst I think.

Onions are for wimps. :D

Cheers.

A basketball. No kidding.

It was an old ball and had a seam that was about to give way, so there was a bulge. I caught it in the eye at just the wrong orientation, so the bulge struck my eye and had some kind of abrasion on my eyeball that hurt like hell. Couldn't lie down, because the change in pressure was too painful, for a day - had to sleep sitting up. Bothered me for weeks. Any kind of dust or other irritant in my eye hurt a lot.

Yeah but swansont was it a 3 pt'er or 2 lol

A pass. The guy had a wide open jump shot, so I turned my head toward the basket, getting ready for a rebound, then looked back at him just in time to get plastered in the face - he decided to pass the ball to me instead. :rolleyes:

When using multi-core solder some of the flux spat into my eye, and I had to have the blister removed as the edges of it were causing a lot of irritation.

The weirdest has to be when I discovered my floater, at first I thought I was seeing a piece of hair hanging down my face and kept trying to pull it away. Still have the floater but I no longer see it now, something to do with the brain now accepting it as normal according to the Doc.

I caught it in the eye at just the wrong orientation... the change in pressure was too painful.

and ever since then he`s learned as much about Physics, as is Humanly possible :)

Newton/Apple springs to mind.

i got a knat in my eye while riding my bike realy fast down a hill going to the hardware store. It nailed me, and it was painful. I slammed on my brakes and it took my probaly 2 minutes to get the thing out. I couldnt locate the damn thing. I swear i could feel it moving. When i got it out it was alive.

My dad got a Cu shred in his eye from a bench grinder, thats why i always where goggles.

One of my dads friend was eating one of those beef jerky disc with the dried pepper seeds on it and when he was ripping it apart a dried seed flew in his eyes. He was in so much pain. It was the funniest thing ive ever seen.

Along time ago i had a rubber band a point blank range nail me in the eye. It was crazy, beside the fact that it hurt like hell, on the moment of impact my vision in that eye was just a white flash.

Once I was eating super hot buffalo wings, and they were actually making my eyes water. So like an idiot I wiped the tears from my eyes...with sauce covered hands. Mama mia!

nicely done... :D id give you a high five, but then there would be fingerprints on my monitor. :P

A flaming chocolate-covered raisin[/b'] impacted my eyelid, as for full contact with my eye, it would have to be an America kestrel's primary feather. Stupid mother-effing bird, hurt like a b!tch
Anyone with such an incendiary user profile should be well acquainted with flaming bits and pieces.

Did the raisin rise out of the ashes? :D