AP Bio Test

The probability of having a boy or a girl child is always 1/2, no matter how many children you already have! ... they ask that question every year to see if anyone is fooled by it.

I have a bio one tomorrow. I do well on the multiple choice, but only get about half on the essays (referring to school-held practice tests). Damn biochemistry and cellular processes!! DAMN YOU ALL!!!!!

Right, my advice, don't try to learn everything, just try to get a basic understanding of the processes in general. And on the essays, remember to mention the really obvious stuff, sometimes it will earn you points.

Hey Demos, what state are you in?

DAMMIT!!!!!! My strengths lie in ethology, evolution, and ecology, phylogeny, anatomy etc. But what did that bastard of a test have on it?! NOTHING BUT CELLULAR BIOLOGY AND BIOCHEMISTRY, MY ANCIENT NEMESISES!!!!! :confused::mad::-(:mad::-(:confused:

How did yours go? :)

You in the US? Because if you are then we got the same test I think.

I designed the experiment okay, I should have learned more about chromosomes and angiosperms, but I know about the immune system.

I think I could get a 3.

PS:

The probability of having a boy or a girl child is always 1/2, no matter how many children you already have! ... they ask that question every year to see if anyone is fooled by it.

They didn't have that one :D

Don't stress too much. Last year I had the AP Bio class from hell (we switched teachers halfway through the year, I had to self-teach half the curriculum because we didn't cover it in class, we only did three or four of the labs, etc). I was sure I got at least one essay question entirely wrong, and was unsure of myself on some of the MC, but I still came out with a 5, it's not as hard as they want you to think. ;)

We get college credit in highschool, taking college level courses, that way we can focus more on are real education rather than on our curricular psuedo-education At least, that's how I see it.

Oops, ignore that, didn't see your withdrawel. I don't drink though, I daydream.

You in the US? Because if you are then we got the same test I think.

I designed the experiment okay' date=' I should have learned more about chromosomes and angiosperms, but I know about the immune system.

[/quote'] Yeah, we got the same, and I'm betting on a three, maybe a four, based on my performance and past experience. I'm just no frickin' good at anything "smaller" than an organ, mostly cuz I'm not interested in much else besides the actual organism. It would help if all the damn names of things weren't so close to eachother.

Me too, exept basic knowlege of organelles. I like evoltuionary theory as well, and hardy-weinburg was okay, it was really simple :D

The specific parts about photsynthisis and repiration like glycosis and the crebs cycle ruin me. I can fumble through enzymes, and some other parts I have a problem with.

It's definitely the small stuff, the cemistry (I don't even know if I spelled it right :D)

The bio are one hundred multiple choice questions, with four free response sessay questions, which are normally made up of several sub-questions.

Both sections take roughly two hours.

You can never pedict what questions they'll give. They could be fair, difficult, or they could jut be screwing you over.

What exactly are the tests like? How long do they take, how many questions, what kinds of questions, etc etc etc? Talked my counselor into letting me take an AP class a year early (er, for next year), so I was just wondering ;)

The exact format depends on which test you're taking, obviously the math tests differ from the foreign language ones, etc. (Although there is always both multiple choice and 'free response').

All the info you need is here: http://www.collegeboard.com/student/testing/ap/about.html

Just out of curiosity, what grade will you be in and what classes are you considering? I took AP European History as a sophomore and survived, don't be intimidated, the courses CAN be conquered. ;)

The exact format depends on which test you're taking' date=' obviously the math tests differ from the foreign language ones, etc. (Although there is always both multiple choice and 'free response').

All the info you need is here: http://www.collegeboard.com/student/testing/ap/about.html

Just out of curiosity, what grade will you be in and what classes are you considering? I took AP European History as a sophomore and survived, don't be intimidated, the courses CAN be conquered. ;)[/quote']

I'll be a sophomore, taking AP Stats - which generally isn't allowed, but with enough bitching to the school counselors anything can be accomplished :rolleyes: Thanks for the link & info (to AzurePhoenix, as well :) )

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

A 3 :(. But, I am horrible at biology and never had an introductory biology course and the whole course was done in half a year and any other excuse you can think of put here.

I got a 5 on the BC calc test though!