Hacking Challenges

RedAlert

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
calbiterol' date='

does your clue for Novice level 2 about the indians mean something like this: [edited out to prevent spoilers]

Well, you got the first part right. But the rest has nothing to do with the version number. Rather, something that happens when you talk smack to the indians.

he, that was a great clue.

Im stuck on novice 4, where you have to give the server archetecture.

can someone give me a clue about how i could find out the server archetecture.

Well you know (or if you dont, its easy to find out with it) what OS/Distro they are using. Find out the architectures that that distro supports and try a few :). Its probably sent somewhere as part of the data (my apache server does, on the 404 errors etc but this doesnt) but probably easier to just try a few (there arent that many).

aha, finally. id already tried that, but it wasnt on the first two lists of archetecture types that i found (third time lucky)

does anyone know how the archetecture could be found out rather than just guessed?

• 2 weeks later...

Server's IP is also known as the external IP. That's the address that your computer's browser looks for - the "street address" for the server, so to speak. The local IP is the location of the server relative to it's router (if that makes any sense). It's the path another server (or service, hint hint) would take to get to the computer (server) that the page is stored on.

There's a bunch of questions on that level already in this thread. Read the whole thing, you should uncover some info on it.

• 6 months later...