Hacking Challenges

RedAlert

Well, I can't see any other way around it. I think I saw something on their forum about doing it "manually," but I don't think there's any difference. From the same point, in theory, someone could have done the whole thing in Telnet to begin with. Then it wouldn't require them to change anything, now would it? :)

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

heh, I thought about what I wrote and realized I used one other app. An old version of "GetRight" a download acceleraror. I only use it now because it's got a nifty trick of turning off my internet at whatever time I want. I checked options and you can specify referer!!!!!!!

Moral: Just download the file. Make sure your downloader knows where you came from.

Wow, I like that trick, finnaly something usefull from these hacking challenges!!

Any ideas on number ten? I know exactly what I need to do, but not how to do it.

[hide]You have to intercept a cookie before they delete it, but I don't know how. Or use a packet sniffer - which I also don't know how to use.[/hide]

Finally just got it by guessing. Oh well, if it works, it works. Don't have much of an idea for level nine, though.

[EDIT: Got through to level ten. Level nine, I just kind of... solved? I started just trying things in connection with the wording they give you, and... Well, surprisingly, something I tried existed... And had the name of the page... Was I supposed to use [hide]spiders/bots/crawlers?[/hide] If yeah, could someone explain the concept to me, cause I'd still like to learn! Thanks...]

try to find the difference brtween level three and the other level.

it is not in the source.

I am stuck in novice level2 :rolleyes:

I realize that i sould send to the server asking about its ip but I don't know HOW and telnet doesn't work !!

is ther any helpful tool?

Yep, same one. Read my previous post a few more times, play with the words, play with the numbers, and think indians. Then talk crap to the indians. Tell them about something that they don't think exists. The'll help you out - they even speak perfect English.

• 4 weeks later...