How to be anonymous on the internet

RedAlert

use a email like yahoo from a public computer (with a new account everytime) , never use your real name, never buy anything, never request anything, and probaly a lot of other things

Use A Proxy. A good one is "Proximitron". Maybe switch to Linux O/S. Never save passwords on your pc, as if your pc is comprimised, they can also be easily stolen. Never give out your private information. Always have an antivirus, also a firewall, prefarably a NAT firewall. Always update your O/s whether it be *unix, Windows, or etc.

There's this thing called TOR. I'm so pleased w/ it that I run it as a server. I could not, however, get it to work very wll over P2P.

IP blockers only block certain ranges. If all you want to do is share peacefully, all you need is something like peerguardian. It works great w/ your iptables. Proxies in general aren't gret for file sharing but work jsut fine for most other things. A lot of proxies (mostly pay) will even cache popular files. I think TOR does something like that as well; I lowered it to a gig on my system.

PS: You can always use somebody elses system. :) Windows users never seem to find out, unless you use their AOL account. But honestly, who wants to use somebody elses dial-up anyway?