Whole lot of problems

ski_power

Here's my problem,

1. My PC wont boot up in 133MHz FSB, the screen goes blank. It only boots up in 100MHz FSB (both CPU and Memory). Why?

2. In XP, I get a LOT of Blue screens, and illegal program operations (the Send and Don't Send ones). What could be the problem?

For 1. I think it may be the SMPS, maybe it's faulty. Can anyone confirm?

For 2. I dont know, would it become alright if I change the SMPS, or is there any other problem, like memory or something?

1. My PC wont boot up in 133MHz FSB, the screen goes blank. It only boots up in 100MHz FSB (both CPU and Memory). Why?

Maybe your computer doesnt support that speed?

2. In XP, I get a LOT of Blue screens, and illegal program operations (the Send and Don't Send ones). What could be the problem?

Is your OS legal?

Are your programs legal?

[several software protection things when they kick in will result in that send/dont send error message]

Maybe you have a hardware fault, or more likely a corrupt disk. Try running check disk (go to my computer, right click on the HDD, properties, tools, check now, tick both boxes, start... you'll need to reboot the computer). Or try reinstalling windows which can be done without formatting your computer.

How long have these problems been happening for? What was the last few things you did before you started getting these errors?

You got the BSOD on XP? Thats kinda bad. The BSOD doesn't appear unless the user says it ok for it to come up. Otherwise, if XP gets locked up beyond repair, it will restart itself. Sounds to me like you have a virus, and that goes along with the booting up thing to. What virus protection do you have?

i've been getting these since a lightning hit or something on our building since jan.

Before that my PC ran at 1667Mhz which is 133 x something. And I've got DDR which also ran at 133Mhz FSb.

But then after sometime, my mobo capacitor blew up, which i got fixed. And after that I've not been able to run at full speed, but at a 25% loss.

All my stuff are legal, right from XP pro to Lemming Ball Z, to flight Sim etc etc. So there's no need to worry about that.

It's sad that i cant screen capture BSOD in XP.

When you say your PC was fixed, was the motherboard replaced (seems more likely than the cap being replaced). If that's the case then your FSB jumpers might not be set correctly for 133MHz. Consequently you won't be running the CPU with the correct multipliers which can cause BSOD crashes (it's highly unlikely this is a result of a virus).

Try checking to see if the FSB jumper settings are configured correctly as specified in the mobo manual.

Lightning bolt hitting your house; you'd assume it was a burnt out track, damaged component from the current... it could be anything from the PSU to the mobo to an individual thing e.g. the RAM.