The King of the Elements

I think...

Helium.

Yeah Helium.

Helium's superfluid form and its stability (being a noble gas) is quite unique. That's why I like it. I think that is the king. Next?

Uranium is the next king as it is cool!

Francium as it is super reactive.

I'm just suggesting.

Merged post follows:

Consecutive posts merged

Okay fine,

I vote for HELIUM.

• 3 weeks later...
Mercury, for obvious reasons.

I'm surprised no mentioned oxygen...

Here I am.My favourite is Oxygen.Come on! the reason is so obvious to all of us who's lives depend on it. I find it simple,nice,harmless. able & ready to intervene where life lacks. But it won't coz any harm if I also add that Hydrogen may take the place of the Queen in that kingdom. Together they make an unbreakable pair; enigmatic and challenging!...

Here I am.My favourite is Oxygen.Come on! the reason is so obvious to all of us who's lives depend on it. I find it simple,nice,harmless. able & ready to intervene where life lacks. But it won't coz any harm if I also add that Hydrogen may take the place of the Queen in that kingdom. Together they make an unbreakable pair; enigmatic and challenging!...

I like your style, but the required elements to support life are more numerous that a full court can support. I especially like your anallogy of King Oxygen haveing two queens...kinky.

I stand by my vote for bismuth.

Hydrogen!

It's the basis of all known life if it were not for hydrogen we would not have our sun.

We would not have water.

We would not have life.

It can also easily be interchangeably used as a lone proton.

Regardless of how 'cool' other elements look, hydrogen is 'invisible'.

When a star(made primarily of hydrogen initially) turns into a black hole it unites a heck of a lot of stuff.

After all it is #1...Hydrogen is king!

Hydrogen!

It's the basis of all known life if it were not for hydrogen we would not have our sun.

allow me to add also that through fusion it gives birth to Helium, a noble gas by excellence just like any other prince!

We would not have water.

We would not have life.

any one who knows the source of life on earth? H20 makes the difference between us and other planets. The sun makes life possible too. All these are not negligeable jobs done by anyone of the court. But specific people, the leaders i.e. Royal family.

& I believe H is better fit for queen.

Edited by Tnad

I'm with caesium. My military call sign is Caesius, which caesium was named after. Not only is it very reactive with other elements, it also looks cool. Like gold mixed with mercury. (I know they react together, I'm talking about their colors. Goldish-Silver) :D

• 4 weeks later...

I would agree with you Tnad, except oxygen is not noble, but hydrogen is. ;)(these similes look kinda gay).... Or if you disagree, still remember the old adage that behind every strong man is a stronger woman. So the queen could be the real king, she does provide the heir after all...

Edited by wanabe
just some PS

When I saw the title, "King of the Elements", thought oooh! oooh! I know this one!

Hydrogen. And there it was in the original post.

So I thought oooh! oooh! Helium. And then I read further and there someone posted it.

So...in order to keep this discussion alive, maybe a little lateral thinking is in order?

Helium3.