The King of the Elements

If you had to choose ... who would be the King of the Elements ? In other words, what is your favorite element ? You can pick just ONE element. Maybe, if everyone has answered, we can nominate an element to become the King of The Periodic Table :)

My King would be MERCURY ! The only liquid metal by room temperature, so dense and shining grey. Special but toxic. Beautiful but expensive

My favorite changes from day to day.

My current favorite is copper because you can plate it on to everything. I also think its one of the most attractive elements. Bismuth and gallium are also fun.

Mercury is not expensive. Its actually pretty cheap and a lot of people would pay you to take it from them.

Oh boy, there's so many I could choose. Copper is great for its color and malleability and colorful compounds, Aluminum is great for its light weight, Zinc is fun for its castability and non-poisionousness (is that a word?).

Ooh, platinum is gorgeous, and so much nicer than gold. Maybe that's my favorite, or possibly chromium. Hmm, that's the engagement ring I want, an emerald set in platinum, no more of this diamond and gold crap.

Ahhh, Dooku, my old padawan. Tall might you be, but kick your ass I always will!!

Copper owns platinum hands down. I think Cu is the most buitiful of all elements, but its downfall is it tarnishes. Kinda intersting all the met als in the copper column have attractive colors.

Yes, bismuth is rather nice too. It also has a lot of fun qualities such as diamagnetism. Is strontium really that much better than lithium? Lithium is already ahead just for having a better name.

I'm a computer engineer with a pension for RF work. One would guess I'd say Silicon, but I'de have to go with silver.

The best conductivity of any metal, shallowes skin depth, heavy, cold, shiny, and won't leave your hands tasting like copper when handled.

The best conductivity of any metal' date=' shallowes skin depth, heavy, cold, shiny, and won't leave your hands tasting like copper when handled.[/quote']

And its not that expensive either in comparison to metals such as platinum and gold.

Fluorine...The Great Electron Nabber.

Yes but Fuorine cant realy be handled, expierenced, if you know what i mean. I mean you cant even store it in conventional glass tubes. It is pretty cool, its supposedly the most reactive substance known to man.