Rose petals

ARRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'M IN ANGUISH! TOTAL TOTAL TOTAL ANGUISH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

HELP ME SOMEONE FOR THE LOVE OF JEEBUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the smatter you are, the longer it will take you to solve it
I think that's there just to make people feel better about taking a while. :D

RedAlert:

Consider the following questions:

What is the rose?

What are the petals?

Also, examine the situation where there are 0 petals around the rose very carefully.

Finally, the pattern is not very complicated, so don't overthink it.

If a mod thinks this post gives too much away, feel free to edit it.

I took this quiz awhile ago. I could not for the life of me figure it out. My mom did it in a few guesses and I asked for the answer. I would have NEVER thought that up on my own.

I did this test a while back. It means very little to me. I never figured it out. A rose has an underdetermined amount of petals and is always different. In a variable world you can say something is what it is, but in real life in the physical world where things are atomically and have different quantum mechanics, they are not the same.

edit: I googled it like a lazy anarcho-punk. I know how to do it now. It's stupid. I rather spend my time making nitrogen triodide. :cool: Plus I think the six should be a four. That's probably why I didn't see it at first - pssh stupid game creators.

Oh well, screw exercising my brain. Why do that when I can exercise my search-fu? I gain 2 rank in my Search skill for d20. ownage!

this puzzle is supposedly designed to show how smart you are. the smatter you are, the longer it will take you to solve it (it took me quite a while :P )
God, I hope that's not true. I took one look at it and got it. : P

ARRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Does that clearly explain my situation? Or do I need to explain further?

this puzzle is supposedly designed to show how smart you are. the smatter you are' date=' the longer it will take you to solve it (it took me quite a while :P )[/quote'']I still can't get it.
You must be the smartest person in the world. :eek:

this puzzle is supposedly designed to show how smart you are. the smatter you are' date=' the longer it will take you to solve it (it took me quite a while )[/quote']

Same here, i got it first time (seemed really simple). Seems an odd puzzle if you ask me :P

Here are some big time clues:

[hide]The name of the game is PETALS AROUND the ROSE [/hide]

Continue clue:

[hide]What is a petal in relationship to a rose in real life?[/hide]

[hide]The petals go around the rose[/hide]

Continuation of big clue!

[hide]How can you have petals if there is no rose?[/hide]

Continue:

[hide]To have petals you must have a rose.... where rose is the middle and petals are the outside[/hide]

Those are clues, not the answer... think only of those clues and eventually you'll get it because these clues put you dead on the right path.

Thanks for the subtle insult.
It was neither subtle nor an insult. Hyebeh said "the smatter (sic) you are, the longer it will take you to solve it". It was an observation based on accumulated data, you big dummy. :D

I would say that it seems to be designed to show what half of your brain is dominant in your problem-solving, not how smart you are. The longer it takes you to solve the puzzle, the more dominant is your left cerebral hemisphere.

I see it as a test of how flexible of a thinker you are. Flexible thinking is a valuable asset to have in today's world so it would seem that it would be a legitimate component of intelligence. Flexible thinking can be construed as creativity, which many psychologists considered an important part of intelligence.