acid reflux ?

for decades i have been a victim of heatburn accompanied by severe belching (burping)

after certain types of food's ingestion.

what gas is created in the stomach and how ?

obviously we are not looking at small intestine fauna fermenting fibre .....

my gratitude is ou there to the solver of a lifelong riddle

for decades i have been a victim of heatburn accompanied by severe belching (burping)

after certain types of food's ingestion.

what gas is created in the stomach and how ?

obviously we are not looking at small intestine fauna fermenting fibre .....

my gratitude is ou there to the solver of a lifelong riddle

You are most likely swallowing air. Do you gulp a lot as a matter of habit? Do you have some irritation in your throat that causes you to swallow air/saliva to relieve it? Do you cough as well periodically?

One thing you could try is don't drink anything with a meal; leave it out for at least half an hour after it. This avoids diluting the hydrochloric acid and will kill any gas-producing bacteria better and provide a better environment to break the food down properly.

The first thing really though is to seek a medical opinion to eliminate anything serious like ulcers.

ok thank you so much for your input .

zero coughing, zero irritations

just the onset of heartburn and the urge to let the gas out which entails very deep and relentless pig reminiscent belching.

i dont drink with the meals.

coffe seems to be a trigger , but somewhat dependent on stomach content.

ok thank you so much for your input .

zero coughing, zero irritations

just the onset of heartburn and the urge to let the gas out which entails very deep and relentless pig reminiscent belching.

i dont drink with the meals.

coffe seems to be a trigger , but somewhat dependent on stomach content.

Right. Have you medically eliminated any underlying disease? The bacteria that causes ulcers comes to mind, Helicobacter pylori, is one.

Unstable body weight can cause it too; it happened to me. I went 10kg up then 10 kg down in a year. Another medical possibility is a faulty sphincter that keeps your stomach contents in at the upper end of your stomach; not closing properly.

Edited by StringJunky